The Update Rollup 9 for Microsoft System Center 2016 has been released!
The Update Rollup 9 will include fixes for the following System Center components:
- Data Protection Manager
- Operations Manager
- Service Manager
- Virtual Machine Manager
Data Protection Manager (DPM)
This update fixes the following issues:
- In some scenarios, pruning job failures leading to storage bloat.
Other Improvements and Features:
- An additional a layer of authentication is added for critical operations. You will be prompted to enter a security PIN when you perform Stop Protection with Delete data operations.
- Added a new parameter -CheckReplicaFragmentation in the Copy-DPMDatasourceReplica cmdlet. The new parameter calculates the fragmentation percentage for a replica.
Note: A fresh installation of the Update Rollup Agent could cause a restart of the protected server.
KB article: Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager
New Build: 5.0.525.0
Operations Manager (SCOM)
Improvements and issues that are fixed
- Fixed: On Windows Computer View of SCOM Console, Queries are optimized for better performance.
- Fixed: We have updated SPROC to handle Alert Source Path Names which are greater than 512 in length. It was a mismatch where the table which was populating the DB was allowing larger strings while the table which was populated in this view took only 512. This caused data truncation and subsequently console crash.
- Fixed: Made changes to the IP address parameter to support both IPv4 and IPv6 windows cluster.
- Fixed: Fixed the issue with conversion of data smaller than 0.01 which was generated by Rule or Monitor. The data was transformed to a wrong (big) value on systems with OS locale language which has comma (“,”) instead of dot (“.”) as decimal format.
- Fixed: Fixed the schedule reports through the Schedule Management Wizard in APM AppAdvisor. Previously, it was failing with XML Malformed exception.
- Fixed: In a scenario where SCOM monitors 100s of virtual machines hosted on a single Hyper-v server; every hour the MonitoringHost.exe of each Virtual machine write into the VM page file simultaneously. Due to this concurrent paging, every hour disk I/O increases and database becomes unresponsive. HealthService.exe now have Memory Trimming enabled by default on an hourly schedule. A registry key is provided to disable the memory trimming and control the duration.
Registry key is: “HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Setup\MonitoringHost\MemoryTrimming”
Enable – 0 (Trimming is disabled); 1 (trimming is enabled)
DelayInSeconds – Time period agent waits to start trimming (default is 120s)
PeriodInSeconds – Recurring period at which the working set should be trimmed (default is 3600s)
- Fixed: Downtime duration will be calculated correctly for non-US time format in Downtime Report.
- Fixed: fn_MPVersionDependentId creates an ID for each installed MP. The ID is a SHA1 hash of string “MPName, Version, Schema”. When the “Schema” part is omitted, it generates different hash which doesn’t match with the expected value. In the fix, “Schema=2” part is re-added in fn_MPVersionDependentId.
- Fixed: We have made sure that correct end date for Availability, Health and Performance Details are shown in reports
- Enabled support for MSOLEDBSQL driver so that users may move from SQL Native Client.
KB article: Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2016 Operations Manager
New build: 7.2.12265.0
Service Manager (SCSM)
Improvements and issues that are fixed:
- Enables support for MSOLEDBSQL driver so that the customers may move from SQL Native Client. Manual steps are required to use MSOLEDBSQL driver with SQL Server Analysis Server (SSAS), which are provided in the next section.
- Fixes an issue where the query results were not localized if the language of the portal is non-English
- Fixes an issue where the user was not able to submit a service request if one of the lists contained an item with a plus ‘+’ sign
- The first item in the lists while submitting a service request is now not selected by default. This ensures that the right category item is selected by the user.
- Fixes an issue where few users were unable to submit requests via portal with an error ‘The given key was not present in the dictionary’.
- Supports the SCCM 1806, 1810, 1902, 1906, 1910 releases. However, there is a limitation that the size of the devices supported by SCCM should be less than 2 PB.
KB article: Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2016 Service Manager
New build: 7.5.7487.210
Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
Issues that are fixed:
- Storage Provider Refresh fails when the NIC has no MAC present.
- Performance counter data extracted using the rule “Micrososft.SystemCenter.VirtualMahcineManager.2016.CLoudUsageCollection ” is not stored correctly in OperationsManagerDW DB.
- Incorrect display of OS version for WS 2019 Domain controller VMs.
Other Improvements and Features:
- With VMM2016 UR9, you can deploy Ubuntu 18.04 Virtual machines.
- Support for VM Console connect using ‘Enhanced session’ has been added. Click here to read more.
396 total views, 4 views today