Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft System Center 2019 has finally been released!
The Update Rollup 1 will include fixes for the following System Center components:
- Data Protection Manager
- Operations Manager
- Service Manager
- Virtual Machine Manager
Data Protection Manager (DPM)
Issues that are fixed:
- While running the attach agent wizard when you select a computer on trusted domain and add it, the selected computer does not get listed under Selected Computers.
- When you select short term backup to tape and change the backup mode to full, the wizard shows incorrect backup schedule option and DPM console may crash on selection.
- In a scenario you deleted the protection group retaining the recovery point for a VMware VM, which is no more available on the ESX server. If you recreate the new VM with the same name on the same ESX instance and protect again using DPM, the recovery pane creates multiple entries for this VM.
- The DPM Console becomes unresponsive while loading Recoverable Items for a data source.
- DPM Service might stop during DPM maintenance jobs.
- In some scenarios, pruning job failures leading to storage bloat
- In addition to these, all the issues fixed in SC DPM 2016 Update Rollup 8 are also fixed in SC DPM 2019 UR1.
Other Improvements and Features
- SCDPM 2019 UR1 also has additional new features introduced. For details on the new features refer to the documentation here.
Operations Manager (SCOM)
Issues that are fixed:
Web Console Fixes/Changes:
- State widget now supports sorting by health and age.
- Alert widgets can now be searched on Date Time and sorted based upon age and severity.
- The alert link in email notification when browsed throws an error, “Your session with the Web Console server expired” even though the user was not logged in web console . You will now see the login page post this fix.
- Alert summary view in SCOM Web console was fixed in size. This can be expanded as required now.
- When Alert state is changed to some custom state, then these alerts are not displayed in web console. Alerts with custom resolution states will be displayed now.
- Few additional scrollbars appear when a customer widget is created in web console or browser window size is reduced.
- Improvement: SCOM views will load/save much faster than before.
Unix/Linux/Network Monitoring Fixes/Changes:
- SCX by default does Info level logging which causes SCX logs to be filled up soon. With 2019 UR1, Warnings and Errors will be logged by default not Info.
- In the network device monitoring, if the node property is changed to null/empty, it displays the old value of the property not the null value. The actual value will be displayed now which includes null.
- In a scenario where multiple (~500) virtual network interfaces are running on agent, SCOM sometimes received heartbeat failure alerts for such agents. SCOM will monitor only physical interfaces hosted on these machines. For monitoring virtual interfaces, you need to set “enumvif” to true.
- SNMP GET or SNMP WALK resulted monitoring host to crash when the network object ID is equal to ULONG Max. There is an error with event ID 4000 due to this crash.
- For linux distros servers, when the kernel version >= 4.18, then file system related performance data is shown as 0 in SCOM. This is fixed in FS provider to make it kernel version agnostic and collect file system stat info.
- Use of Async Windows Management Infrastructure (MI) APIs is default functionality from SCOM 2019 UR1 for scalability improvements.
More details here. [Insert URL here}
Admin Console Fixes:
- When admin created “one-time maintenance mode schedule” for non-English locales, SCOM console displays an error “The client has been disconnected from the server. Please call ManagementGroup.Reconnect() to reestablish the connection”. Admin would be able to create one-time maintenance schedule now.
- When SCOM agent is multihomed, then SCOM 2019 MS always displays logon type as “Interactive” for this agent. The correct logon type will be displayed now.
- Unit monitor to check correct logon type for Run as Account had incorrect name and Operational State.
- “Operations Manager Products” view in Admin console did not update the “Version” column for the installed component version. This column will now reflect the updated version of all the components listed.
- When system proxy is configured on the Reporting Server; proxy overrides are ignored by the “Report Console Watcher Monitor” and “Web Console Watcher Monitor” and as a result HTTP/HTTPS access fails. With UR1 fix, “Set proxy Direct” parameter of the mentioned monitors can be set to true and URLs will be accessed.
- SCOM did not discover Windows Cluster which are deployed on servers with IPV6 network only enabled. IPV6 network will be supported for cluster monitoring now.
- When the Domain controller is moved to a different AD site, then SCOM does not display the correct site name. Any dynamic group which are created for SiteName will also fail
In addition to these, all the issues fixed in SCOM 2016 UR8 and prior UR for SCOM 2016 are also fixed in SCOM 2019 UR1. Details of the fixes are below.
- In a scenario where SCOM monitors 100s of virtual machines hosted on a single Hyper-v server; every hour the healthservice.exe of each Virtual machine write into the VM page file simultaneously. Due to this concurrent paging, every hour disk I/O increases and database becomes unresponsive. HealthService.exe now have Memory Trimming enabled by default on an hourly schedule. A registry key is provided to disable the memory trimming and control the duration.
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Setup\MemoryTrimming Enable – 0 (Trimming is disabled); 1 (trimming is enabled) DelayInSeconds – Time period agent waits to start trimming (default is 120s) PeriodInSeconds – Recurring period at which the working set should be trimmed (default is 3600s)
- Historical data do not appear, if input reporting end time is before group creation time. With this fix, historic data for a group (if data is available for objects in the group) would be displayed irrespective of group creation time.
- Maintenance mode state changes which are recorded in MaintenanceModeStage table requires grooming when table grows. If the table is large, grooming takes longer and the operation times out with SQLTimeOut exception.
- If a group is renamed in a Management pack, then console shows the new value but Powershell command Get-SCOMGroup returns the old name of group. Database Updates functionality was inconsistent for SCOM group renaming through MP and SCOM Console.
- CPU Spike issues because of workflows running on all agents at the same time is addressed through script optimization and removing the sync time.
- Improvement: Sometimes SQL stored procedure “p_SelectForNewTypeCache” takes long time to complete, and SDK service fails to start. This is fixed and above SQL stored procedure will complete faster now.
- Improved the performance of SCOM console in listing the groups.
Users of a scoped group are not able to use the Console.
- SCOM console crashes while trying to connect to Azure Log Analytics and Azure Monitor.
- SCOM Network Device Re-Discovery now probes for SNMP V3 devices too.
- Agents by Health State report shows duplicate agent names.
- Fixed an issue that prevented addition of a group in the Storage Spaces Direct 2016 management pack dashboard.
- Linux agent is not able to get the correct version and port details for JBoss EAP 7.1.
- An issue that lead to creation of multiple empty temp files in the /tmp directory of Linux servers has been fixed.
- Fixed the formatting issue with the output for the task ‘Top10 CPU Processes’ when using Windows Management Infrastructure (MI) APIs.
- Fixed an issue that caused the corruption of /etc/login.cfg file on AIX 7 machines during install/upgrade of the agent.
- AIX Agent is now transitioned to 64-bit package to accommodate more stack and heap space if needed to avoid any stack/heap overflow which occasionally leads to heartbeat failure.
- Free memory calculation accommodated appropriately on RHEL-7 platform.
Issues that are fixed:
- Events pane of the Runbook Designer does not contain the name of the runbook logging the event.
- Unable to edit script in the text editor of the .NET script activity if number of lines exceed 769.
- Users with “read only” permissions can promote/demote runbook server
- Runbook performing SQL query activity returns NULL value for the Time and XML column
- Monitor Data/Time triggers runbook immediately even when configured to trigger at a specific time
- High traffic Runbook fails due to deadlocks
- Exporting and Importing runbooks into upgraded SCO environment returns empty catalogue value in the properties for query database activity
- Unable to perform checkout, delete, or rename operations on runbooks when user SID is longer than 50 characters.
Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
Issues that are fixed:
- Unable to add Windows Server 2019 hosts in untrusted domain to SCVMM.
- Changes to VM network adapter or VM network overwrites associated ACL.
- Unable to pull LLDP information on pNICs bount to a vSwitch.
- Long running service template deployments time out after 3 hours. Timeout parameter can now be configured to time above 3 hours using the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Server\Settings\GuestCommunicatorStatusTimeoutSecs registry key to any desired value.
- VMM service experiences high memory usage with large number of objects created in tbl_ADHC_HostVolume
- Unable to assign VM network to VMs on the hosts
- Automatic Dynamic Optimization fails on clusters in untrusted domain
- VMM jobs take long time to run whenever there is VMM server fail over to another node.
- Storage Provider Refresh fails when the NIC has no MAC present.
- Unable to create a file share with the same name on different file servers through SCVMM console.
- Cluster creation fails when VMM service is running under gMSA account with ‘Access denied’ exception.
- In addition to these, all the issues fixed in System Center 2016 VMM UR8 and prior URs for VMM 2016 are also fixed in System Center VMM 2019 UR1.
Other Improvements and Features
- With VMM2019 UR1, you can deploy Ubuntu 18.04 Virtual machines.
- Nested Virtualization for VMs can be enabled through VM Template, service templates and while creating a new VM through console.
- SCVMM 2019 UR1 also has additional new features introduced. For details on the new features refer to the documentation here.
Known issues and workaround
Set-SCVMSubnet -RemovePortACL job completes in VMM without removing portACL association from NC VMSubnet object, due to which Remove-PortACL job fails with NC Exception that it is still in use.
Below script can be added as workaround to remove the ACL from NC:
$uri = "<NC FQDN or IP>" # Replace with the URI of the Network Controller REST IP or FQDN $cred = Get-Credential # Provide NC Admin credentials #Identify the virtual network that contains the subnet. $vnet = Get-NetworkControllerVirtualNetwork -ConnectionUri $uri -ResourceId "Fabrikam_VNet1" -Credential $cred #Identify the subnet for which the ACL needs to be removed. $vnet.Properties.Subnets.Properties = $vnet.Properties.Subnets.Properties | Select-Object -Property * -ExcludeProperty AccessControlList #Update New-NetworkControllerVirtualNetwork -ResourceId "Fabrikam_VNet1" -ConnectionUri $uri –Properties $vnet.Properties -Credential $cred
Service Manager (SCSM)
Issues that are fixed:
- Fixes a bug that appended an additional extension to certain files in the file attachments while saving them on the local computer.
- Prefix for work items such as Review Activities can now contain space characters.
- State changes for Service Requests have been made unambiguous in the SM portal by moving Service Requests from the “active” to the “resolved” state after all the SR-related activities are completed. Previously, the Service Request moved from the “active” to the “closed” state.
- Fixes an issue in which text fields in the portal became encrypted and unreadable. This occurred during certain validation errors, such as file attachment size error.
- The User Input field on the Request Detail’s page now accepts HTML tag characters.
The email link in the mail icon on the portal is corrected so that users can open a ticket by using email without having to remember the service desk address.
- Fixes an issue that occurs when you create requests that include files as attachments in Self Service Portal and that generates erroneous failure messages when the requests are successfully generated.
- The user inputs in a Service Requests offering are now persisted in the case of validation failures — except for file attachments and query results.
- Filtering on the My Requests page is enhanced to also search the Description of the requests in addition to their ID, Title, and Status.
- The email link in the Self-Service Portal is fixed to compose the mail by using the correct “To” address
- Fixes an issue that prevented the user from entering HTML tag characters in the request details page in Internet Explorer.
- Improves the start-up time of the SDK service.
- Fixes an issue in which language translation was inconsistent in the portal when a user queried in non-English languages.
- Fixes a bug that prevented the submission of a Service Request in the portal if the request offering has a list item that contains a plus (+) sign.
- The simple list questions on the Service Request creation page no longer select the first option by default. Instead, the user must select the desired list item. This reduces incorrect categorization of Service Requests.
- Fixes a bug in the portal that randomly denied creation of requests and returned a “The given key was not present in the dictionary” error message. This was observed in high traffic environments and caused forms to be refilled and service requests to be resubmitted.
- Fixes a bug in the portal that caused the custom views for a user to be rendered as blank when a service request was created by using an inherited class that uses the same internal property name as its base class.
- Service Manager connector for Configuration Manager is being upgraded to support the latest Configuration Manager versions. This change is scheduled to be made available through a future hotfix and in SCSM 2019 UR2.
2,214 total views, 12 views today