The Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft System Center 2016 has been released!
The Update Rollup 7 will include fixes for the following System Center components:
- Data Protection Manager
- Operations Manager
- Service Manager
- Service Management Automation
- Virtual Machine Manager
Data Protection Manager (DPM)
This update fixes the following issues:
- Backup operation fails with ‘40002 – The VHD containing the replica or one of its snapshots could not be mounted or unmounted’ error.
- Data Protection Manager Recovery agent service crashes during Hyper-V Virtual Machine backup operation.
- Data Protection Manager service intermittently crashes during backup operations.
- When a Sharepoint farm with more than 100 databases is protected to Azure, recovery fails during re-catalog operation.
- Recovery of Hyper-V VMs as files in ‘Disk to Tape (D-T) backup scenario fails.
- Storage requirement for a Sharepoint farm on a secondary DPM server is not calculated accurately when DPM server uses Modern Backup Storage.
- Recovery of a Sharepoint farm from Azure fails.
Note: A fresh installation of the Update Rollup Agent could cause a restart of the protected server.
Operations Manager (SCOM)
Improvements and issues that are fixed
- Fixed: Cannot use SQLOleDB.dll to probe databases like Oracle/MySQL.
- Improved the performance of SCOM console in listing the groups.
- Operations Manager grooms out the alert history only on an alert closure.
- Agents by Health State report shows duplicate agent names.
- Users of a scoped group are not able to use the Console.
- Fixed an issue that prevented addition of a group in the Storage Spaces Direct 2016 management pack dashboard.
- SCOM Network Device Re-Discovery now probes for SNMP V3 devices too.
- Fixed re-registering for SNMP Traps in the Proxy Management Server.
- Windows Computer Property “NetbiosDomainName” is not discovered properly.
- SCOM console crashes while trying to connect to Azure Log Analytics and Azure Monitor.
- Linux agent is not able to get the correct version and port details for JBoss EAP 7.1.
- An issue that lead to creation of multiple empty temp files in the /tmp directory of Linux servers has been fixed.
- Fixed the formatting issue with the output for the task ‘Top10 CPU Processes’ when using Windows Management Infrastructure (MI) APIs.
- XPlat agent now supports monitoring of SUSE-11 SP4 platform with Security Module installed on it for TLS 1.2 compliance.
- Fixed an issue that caused the corruption of /etc/login.cfg file on AIX 7 machines during install/upgrade of the agent.
- AIX Agent is now transitioned to 64-bit package to accommodate more stack and heap space if needed to avoid any stack/heap overflow which occasionally leads to heartbeat failure.
- Free memory calculation accommodated appropriately on RHEL-7 platform.
Issues that are fixed:
- Monitor Data/Time triggers runbook immediately even when configured to trigger at a specific time.
- SCO 2016 integration pack for System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2016 UR4 or later does not work with Runbook Servers or the Runbook Designer when SCOM is configured to accept TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 only connections.
- High traffic Runbook fails due to deadlocks.
Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
Issues that are fixed:
- VMM UI doesn’t honor the static IP when creating cluster.
- VM state incorrectly displayed as “Migration Failed” when VM with differencing disc has migrated due to Dynamic Optimization.
- VMM console crashes when enumerating Hyper-V host properties when all the following conditions are met :
- User is part of a ‘non-administrator’ user role
- User is NOT scoped for ‘All Hosts’ host group.
- VM cloning fails when VMM Self Service User or Tenant Admin User tries to clone VM with a one-connected VM network.
- Cluster refresh and changing Logical Network Definition properties takes longer time.
- Adding VMSubnet to a BGP Enabled VMNetwork fails with the error ‘Network Service plugin does not implement the requested interface IBGPManagementAPI’.
- VMM console crashes during Hyper-V properties enumeration when there is an uplink port profile misconfiguration due to removing and re-adding the host to VMM.
- Performance counters of VMs using Hyper-V replication are not displayed correctly when VMs are failed over.
- VMs migrations between hosts in a cluster are observed even when Dynamic Optimization is disabled since Windows Server ‘Failover Cluster VM Load Balancing’ does not get disabled.
- Highly available VMware VM using vCenter 6.5 being managed by VMM is not Live migrated to another host within the cluster.
- VM migration to host with different processor version is blocked even when “Allow migration to a virtual machine host with different processor version” option is checked.
VMM 2016 UR7 has the following new functionalities added:
1. New Azure subscriptions can be added to VMM by creating Azure Profile. An Azure profile contains details related to the azure subscription. Know More
2. VM updates can be managed through VMM. This feature allows patching and updating on-prem VMs (managed by VMM) by integrating VMM with Azure automation subscription. Learn more.
Service Manager (SCSM)
Issues that are fixed:
- Prefix for work items like Review Activities can now contain space characters.
- State changes for Service Requests has been made unambiguous in the SM portal by moving the service request from active to ‘resolved’ state once all the SR related activities are completed. Earlier, the SR used to move to ‘closed’ state from active.
- Fixed an issue due to which text fields in the portal used to get encrypted and hence became unreadable. This occurred during certain validation errors such as file attachment size error.
- User input field on the Request Detail’s page now accepts HTML tag characters.
- Email link in the mail icon on the portal has been corrected so that end users may open a ticket via email without any need to remember the service desk’s address.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Active Directory (AD) connector to connect to a specified DC
- Fixed an issue that prevented Parallel, Sequential or Dependent activity form from opening in non-English language in SCSM console.
- Fixed a bug that appended an additional extension to certain files in the file attachments, while saving them on local machine.
- Fixed a bug that caused console to crash while creating/editing notification template in a non-English language SCSM console
- The Active Directory (AD) Connector has been enhanced to select the closest DC.
- Service Manager connectors for Configuration Manager now supports Configuration Manager 1810.
Service Management Automation (SCSM)
Issues that are fixed:
- Filter Functions inside workflow Runbook fails.
- Get-SmaRunbook cmdlet throws error “Could not find any runbooks.” if a SMA Schedule is linked to more than 1 Runbook.
- Arithmetic overflow error occurs when starting a SMA runbook.
- SMA RunbookService crashes with a MissingMethodException periodically after updating to SMA 2016 UR5.
4,836 total views, 4 views today